The Girls...

As promised, here are some of the 6 x 6 originals that were started at the same time as the grow series, their are 3 girls in this colllection, each with her own message...

I had so much fun with the process, and will take photos in the future, of the works in progress.  They started with a blank canvas, to which I started layering old vintage papers; train schedules, books, tissue papers and whatever I could find.

From there I started layering the layers of paint, sprays, distressing inks, etc.   At this point I randomly used the stamp collection to start bringing the elements of the page together.  Then it was into the scrap paper box, I'm so glad I have been collected scrap book papers for a long time, so I have a good selection to choose from, and created the girls dresses & embelishments.  I love using old skills, as a past toll painter, I then get to re-use some of what I learned for shading and adding the details and embelishments...  It's amazing how each one takes a shape of their own developing a personality and story & voila...








0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

I've been fortunate to enjoy following many craft blogs over the years, which has inspired me to create a littlel blog about "everything crafty." I'm going to share some of my creations as well as crafty inspirations.

Etsy