Glass Tile Pendants


Thanks to Christy, for her email this morning, I was inspired to play with my glass tile pendants...  These little creations are easy to make and turn into lovely gifts... 

I had a collection of the trays, that I picked up on Etsy, and the glass bezel tops, the ones that I had measured one inch diameter.  Lucky for me I have a one inch circle paper cutter, so I could start stamping out some butterflies, but one could use scrap book papers, maps, written notes, hand created art (as long as it's properly sealed) or what have you.  (Next time I'll try to take photos of the process)...

I cut out my one inch rounds, and glued them with Diamond Glaze to the bottom of the tray, the trick is to cover the bottom of the tray with a super thin layer, ensuring that there are no bubbles and that it is evenly coated.  I then just place the picture onto the glued tray, and put on one more fine & very even layer of glue, at this stage it's important to ensure that there are no bubbles in it.  I then take the glass bezel, and lightly from one side to the other set it on top - the trick here is not to fiddle with it to much but let it dry.  If your finding glue is oozing out the sides, you've likely added to much glue.

Set it onto a chain, and voila - it's all ready for gift giving...  I have a few of the butterfly series that I've just posted to Etsy at:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lynch?ref=si_shop .

I'd love to see what you create! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment